The sometimes damp Edinburgh weather can make it difficult when you are doing internal painting. Below are some tips to help you out in this situation.
- Close all the windows and doors in your home or place of business and keep them closed as much as possible.
- Try setting up a dehumidifier in the room or rooms where walls will be painted.
- If you have any exhaust fans in the home (Kitchen or Bathroom) switch them on to remove the humid air from the interior.
- Turn on all ceiling fans and set up floor fans to circulate and dry out the air throughout the house.
- Check all the walls so see if there is any moisture. Wipe the walls with kitchen towels to remove excess moisture and then wait until the walls are completely dry before painting.
- Ensure the fans and dehumidifying devices stay on until the paint has dried for at least 48 hours; longer if need be.